Rotary endodontics employs electrically-powered instruments to perform the root canal treatment rather than traditional stainless-steel manual files. The electric hand tool is equipped with a tip constructed out of nickel titanium a material that is five times more flexible than stainless steel.
Due to the flexibility and unique movement of the nickel-titanium instrument, it can be inserted deeply into a curved root canal without stretching or damaging the passageway. This makes for a quick and reliable procedure.
we use dentsply-Portaper (Switzerland) & SYBRONENDO (japan) equipment for Rotary endodonticiin our hospital
ADVANTAGES OF ROTARY ENDODONTICS
- The nickel titanium cleans out the root canal much more smoothly and consistently.
- Rotary endodontic procedures are more reliable with less chance of complications.
- Rotary tools make the root canal procedure much faster.
- The electric tools are much quieter and smoother, without the loud grinding that accompanies manual files.
- The fast treatment time, in conjunction with quieter instruments, make for a much more comfortable and less frightening experience for patients.